Zandi's musings.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Captain Claw and Private Woof

Rainy day

It is raining outside and I am inside. I am looking out of the window, and I can see that Private Woof is having fun in the rain. The more I look, the more fun he is having. I ask my mum why I am not allowed to have fun, and she says that hospitals are not much fun and that I should avoid the rain. I think this is strange. I was in the hospital last month and they gave me free ice cream and I could play with the toys they had.

There was even a nice kid there. He was there for more time than I was. He said that he has many skeletons. I do not know what he meant by that. I could see he only has one. He was probably just joking. Maybe one day I would see him again. That gave me an idea. If I go out and play with Private Woof, I can have fun and then I will see my friend in the hospital.

I sneak downstairs. My mum is busy explaining to my dad that he should not care about the cow at work. He says he works in an office, but I think that he is an animal doctor. I want to tell dad that he should care about the cow, but then I remember what I am doing and I sneak out into the garden. The rain feels like a shower and for a second I want to run back inside. But I remember why I am here and I walk further.

I can see Private Woof chasing rain drops and barking at birds. They are trying to land on his house. I am not sure why he does not let birds stay there, because I do not mind birds on our house at all. But Private Woof always has his own reasons.

I feel very happy that I am outside. The rain tickles my nose and I sneeze. Private Woof hears it and runs to me. He starts jumping and I start laughing. I turn around to see if anybody saw us. I can see two eyes in the window. Luckily it is Captain Claw. Captain Claw is allergic to water. I once wanted to take a shower with him. The next day, my mum bought three boxes of bandaids just in case.

Private Woof is still jumping on me. His feet leave brown marks on my trousers. I laugh and I put my hands in the mud. I then leave brown marks on his back as well. I know my mum will be upset about the trousers. She was very upset when I forgot my chocolate in my trousers. She had a great idea. She said she will buy me brown trousers and solve the problem.

I think hard and then Private Woof gives me an idea. He rolls around in a puddle and comes out clean. I do the same. The plan is working. I cannot see any more brown on my trousers. I start playing with Private Woof. We are splashing water at each other and I am laughing and Private Woof is barking.

The door flies open, and my dad runs out shouting. “Come back in,” he shouts. That excites Private Woof. He runs towards my dad. My dad does not see him and he falls over, straight into the puddle. "Now you will have clean clothes as well," I say. But my dad does not look happy about clean clothes.

My mum starts laughing when she sees us. She does not agree that I already had a shower outside and I have to shower again. Later I am drinking cocoa and I hear my dad sneeze. I tell him that he is lucky, now he can go play with my friend in the hospital. But he does not seem to be too happy about it.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home