Zandi's musings.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Bohinj 2: The Revenge


I went to Bohinj again, trying out a shortcut I was told about the last time. It proved to be a cut, but it was not much shorter than the original route. I also cycled much harder this time, trying to see how far I can drive myself (it had nothing to do with the fact that I did not go alone this time and that my companion was a better cyclist than I, honestly).

I drove myself right to Bohinj and then, after a brisk swim in the not-so-cold-but-still-cold water, home. It was interesting, cycling with somebody else, it gave me a lot of additional motivation to try harder, as she was better at it than I was. By the end of the tour I just kept repeating 'there ain't no sunshine when it's gone' in my head, I do not know why. Soundlessly repeating the words and cycling and cycling.

After you reach a certain point your mind starts removing unnecessary things from your perception of reality, soon it is only you, the road and the bicycle, nothing else exists, nothing else is important.

The feeling also very quickly disperses and I only have vague memories of it, even though i tried hard to remember it and even wrote it down to aid my memory.

I did not take many pictures as I was pretty zoned out most of the time and the view was already familiar to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home