Zandi's musings.

Sunday, July 04, 2010

Mind the Gap


I see a mouse under the rails, wonder what is doing there; surely there be no food for it to eat? It and eat, that is quite funny how them words sound the same, as often we eat it, even though it rarely eats, maybe I should write it down. I bet guys at work would be impressed.


I see a mouse under the rails, damn nuisance, after all the cutbacks they can't even afford to deratize the system and the vermin gets everywhere. I can’t remember seeing a mouse anywhere under the previous government. London will rue the day when they elected that nincompoop.


I see a mouse under the rails, poor lost creature, trapped in a world of artificial light, feeling no rain on its skin, never feeling the sun, wilting under the impersonal glare of the lamps. Just like me, come to think of it, locked in the office, irradiated by a computer, cooled by air conditioning and sprayed by the boss’s temper.


I see a mouse under the rails and a beer ad above the rails, and today's Wednesday already, yes! Can’t wait to go to the pub after work, I hope I get to see her there again; I could see how she was looking at me, definitely some chemistry going on there. Hopefully this time she won’t have a friend around so I can make my approach.


I see a mouse under the rails, hello little mousey, aren’t you cute; I used to want to have a mouse when I was young, but my stupid parents wouldn't let me, would they. Oh mousey, we would have had fun together, and no one could get between us not even Sheila. I wonder what happened to her; I bet she’s old and fat now, and divorced.


I see a mouse under the rails, stupid mouse, stupid rails, stupid world, doesn’t it see how pointless it all is, what is the point stupid mouse? Why do you run around like a stupid animal sniffing at garbage, spending so much energy? You will die anyway like we all will without even getting promoted once. Stupid mouse.


I see a mouse under the rails, so serene, so focused, it knows exactly what it wants, exactly where to get it, and is a perfect tool for the environment. I wish I was like that, where is my purpose, what is my goal, after Stanley left me, and without him… I am glad at least the mouse is confident in its existence.


I see a mouse under the rails, I wonder what I should get to eat tonight, perhaps Waitrose or Sainsbury’s? They have better ice cream don’t they and I deserve some after a long day, don’t I? Perhaps even some chocolate, I’m going to go to the gym next week to burn it off for sure.


I see a mouse under the rails, it’s nice and furry and I am sure it would feel nice crawling around on my skin, such an exciting feeling that must be. The fingernails of an alien lover completely devoted to you, a simple, unfathomable mind ready to create pleasure.


I see a mouse under the rails, and look at those shoes, they must’ve cost a fortune, if only I could afford shoes like that, all the ladies in marketing would be so jealous, thinking they're so high and mighty with their Gucci stuff.



I see people above the rails, all staring at me, same blank faces, luckily the darkness wipes them away, and a helpful voice explains, “Mind the gap”.

2 Comments:

Blogger trepca said...

Great story :)

12 July, 2010 11:45  
Blogger baboushka said...

love it :)

28 January, 2011 10:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home