Zandi's musings.

Monday, July 12, 2010

The Great Escape

Clouds all around me, pressing in, depressing in, redepressing in and so on no need to be too clever and elaborate eh. Air conditioning whine slowly turning my brain into gooey mush and the centidigital noise of keyboards turning my innards into slime.

Tomorrow, tomorrow is the only thing keeping me sane, preventing my eternal scream from becoming audible, remaining caged within the ol' cranium, as I quaintly call it. All the other drones contently mesmerized by their work, I am free to dream of my epic adventure, it will be so ‘sweet’ as the less cultured people say.

Four hours till the end of shift, darkness closing in fast, I cannot do this anymore, time for a toilet break. The hag nag nagager (ha ha) will probably tell me I am spending too much time on the toilet but what does she know about a man's toiletary needs.

Minutes go by like hours, and hours pass like days, but finally only 20 minutes remain, I will leave a bit earlier, everyone does it anyway and I do more and better work than the others as well, if only the cow would see that. To be honest it’s not that hard to be better than 90 % of the mouthbreathers inhabiting this office.

....

It is so good to be out again, so good to be in shape, I feel so sorry for the irritants in my life, in the end it’s not their fault they are locked into their cycle of defeat. As I breathe in the cold air, it makes me cough, must be all the air conditioning in the office, if you can call it that.

So good to be in the forest, even if it was less tangled last time I was here, I missed you forest, I am sorry I was away, but there were games to be played and work to be avoided.

My lungs feel so heavy, damn airconditioning, damn it to hell, and even further than that, damn it to middle management, full of incompetent sycophants who can’t recognize talent.

And now my legs as well, poor legs, atrophied by the horrible chairs we have to sit in, our bodies trapped, together with our minds, except mine, I still have mine, and you will never have it.

I can hear the whistling of air into my lungs, perhaps I should sue them, and I would win so much money I would never have to work again, finally I would be able to follow my true dreams, I would show Spielberg what a real movie maker can do.

Minutes go by like hours, and hours pass like days, but finally only 20 minutes remain, and I will be on the peak soon, sunlight awaits for me on top. It is a shame I could not wake up early enough for the sunrise, but work just leaves me so drained. Ten is early enough to get out of bed in my humblest opinion.

There we are, only a few dozen steps away, it took me 45 minutes to get to the peak today, proof of what good shape I am in, even though that old guy passed me, I left quite a few ladies looking after me. Two steps now, and, and …

Clouds all around me, pressing in, depressing in…

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home